Would you like to schedule an appointment? Would you like a Free Consultation? Simply fill out the information below and we will be more than happy to contact you.
Rather Make a Phone Call?No Problem, Give us a call
What is nitrous oxide/oxygen sedation?
Undiluted nitrous oxide - as it was used in the nineteenth century - can cause hypoxia. Hypoxia occurs when the body is deprived of an adequate oxygen supply, leading to dizziness and other problems. Fortunately scientists have found that combining nitrous oxide with oxygen all but eliminates the danger of hypoxia. This mixture is now used to calm many millions of anxious patients annually, all around the world. Nitrous oxide and oxygen sedation is used not only in dental offices but in hospitals and outpatient and inpatient settings.
- Are there any side effects?
- Can nitrous oxide and oxygen sedation be used for any type of pain relief?
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- Does my dentist or the office staff need special training?
- How do I know whether the equipment is functioning properly?
- How is nitrous oxide and oxygen sedation given to patients?
- Is exposure to excessive nitrous oxide dangerous?
- Is nitrous oxide and oxygen sedation safe?
- What is laughing gas?
- What is nitrous oxide/oxygen sedation?
- What is the effect of this type of sedation?
- Which patients are appropriate for nitrous oxide and oxygen sedation?