Would you like to schedule an appointment? Would you like a Free Consultation? Simply fill out the information below and we will be more than happy to contact you.
Rather Make a Phone Call?No Problem, Give us a call
Is nitrous oxide and oxygen sedation safe?
Because nitrous oxide and oxygen sedation has become a mainstay of medical and dental practice, researchers have been able to study it across many decades. They know how nitrous oxide and oxygen sedation affects very young patients, pregnant women and the elderly. They have documented reactions that occur between nitrous and the medications millions of people take every day. This careful research has revealed that nitrous oxide and oxygen sedation is extremely safe for the vast majority of people.
Among the most famous studies is that conducted by Dr. Gardner Colton of New York's Columbia University. Colton documented more than 193,000 cases without a fatality. The work of Dr. Niels Bjorn was even more striking. He followed over 4 million cases, again without finding a single death.
Nitrous oxide and oxygen sedation carries few if any side effects and produces no known allergic response. For these reasons it makes a nearly ideal form of anxiety relief in the contemporary dental office.
- Are there any side effects?
- Can nitrous oxide and oxygen sedation be used for any type of pain relief?
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- Does my dentist or the office staff need special training?
- How do I know whether the equipment is functioning properly?
- How is nitrous oxide and oxygen sedation given to patients?
- Is exposure to excessive nitrous oxide dangerous?
- Is nitrous oxide and oxygen sedation safe?
- What is laughing gas?
- What is nitrous oxide/oxygen sedation?
- What is the effect of this type of sedation?
- Which patients are appropriate for nitrous oxide and oxygen sedation?