Would you like to schedule an appointment? Would you like a Free Consultation? Simply fill out the information below and we will be more than happy to contact you.
Rather Make a Phone Call?No Problem, Give us a call
Is exposure to excessive nitrous oxide dangerous?
Studies around the world have assessed the dangers of exposure to nitrous oxide in the dental setting. These have generally concluded that the amount of gas a patient receives during treatment is too small to be hazardous.
Research is less conclusive regarding the exposure of dental staff to nitrous oxide gas. And government regulations urge precautions be used to reduce the levels of unscavenged gas staff experience. For this reason you may be asked to wear a small plastic mask as well as minimize how much you talk. If this happens be assured your dental team is simply following current best practices about how to create the safest possible environment for all.
- Are there any side effects?
- Can nitrous oxide and oxygen sedation be used for any type of pain relief?
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- Does my dentist or the office staff need special training?
- How do I know whether the equipment is functioning properly?
- How is nitrous oxide and oxygen sedation given to patients?
- Is exposure to excessive nitrous oxide dangerous?
- Is nitrous oxide and oxygen sedation safe?
- What is laughing gas?
- What is nitrous oxide/oxygen sedation?
- What is the effect of this type of sedation?
- Which patients are appropriate for nitrous oxide and oxygen sedation?